Thursday, November 11, 2010

Mayor sighting on Nicollet Mall


Surely not in response to my satirical post of several days ago, Mayor R.T. Rybak stopped at the Dandelion Kitchen food wagon on Nicollet and scored a lunch. Usually I avoid taking pictures of celebrities I happen across on my walks, such as a Jason DeRusha, any Mondale, or Denny Hecker. My blog is not a star vehicle. Obviously. But given my recent "poetic licensed" appropriation of this innocent yellow mobile enterprise, I felt there was some kind of karmic payback going on. So here is a celebrity picture AND a link to a set of nice reviews of the Dandelion Kitchen. Which isn't really leading an assault on skyways ... in case you took my post seriously.  Jeez.

P.S. to any civic authorities who might read this: There are locations on the skyways that would make good winter homes for the various enterprises serving fresh hot stuff out of polychrome trailers. I am mentioning the Fifth Avenue Towers dead-end skyway as one in a forthcoming column. I know, the logistics are mind-boggling. But so was getting John Philip Sousa to write a special march for the opening of the Foshay tower in 1929.

History is not for the fainting heart.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: