Thursday, February 3, 2011

Train art in the skyways...see it Thursday Feb. 3rd at Qwest.



John Cartwright simply seems like the happiest person I have met in a long time. He has done hundreds of meticulous drawings of local train stations around Minnesota, many of them of historical interest. He was sitting at a small table drawing when I walked by in the Qwest building today. I chatted a bit and disclosed that I had been, in fact, the last Union brakeman hired by the Great Northern before their merger with Burlington in 1969/70. That certainly broke the ice, and he regaled me with station and train lore. Go see him and buy a drawing of your favorite Minnesota town's station, for a mere $20. Own a wisp of the great fading lore of history. Make a happy man even happier.
His website.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: