Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sit


Chairs are the counterpart to skyways. The opposite, the complement, the spouse and foil, the doppleganger of the spirit of the skyways. If you can't skyway, then chairway. I just coined that term. "Do you want to go grab a beer?" "Naw, I think I'm just gonna chairway for a while here, maybe watch American Idol."

When I first started long haul treks in the skyways, there were times suspended in the fugue of space where I would have paid to have a chair available. The skyways impose an inexorable falling-forwardness, a pace often dictated by the surge of appetites borne on the wave of office borgs in front of and behind you. I might document the few seating places intrinsic to the skyways there are. Such as there are, they are usually quite nice.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: