Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Style. Mystery. Event Planning. Tunnels.

Jerry allowed me to take her picture when she determined I wasn't a stalker. She has a mysterious business on the skyway level of Gaviidae. After we talked about the skyways for a bit, she invited me back for a demo of the event-planning software they are promoting. "We like to have a minimalist look, " she said, "It makes people come in and ask questions." I asked questions about the event planning software and am intrigued.  It is one of the more visible and mysterious businesses on the skyway, for sure.

She also told me about the tunnels beneath Seoul, South Korea that have shopping arcades and are connected across the downtown. The holeways? Can you order things from the Hole Earth Catalog?  Sorry, couldn't resist that one.  I want to go there, and I believe Copenhagen has similar arcades that span blocks beneath the city's core.  If a city built skyways and tunnelways, would the streets disappear?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: